Friday, September 16, 2011

Review - Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment


I recently received a sample of Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment and was very excited about using it. I've always heard good things about the brand, but have never owned any of their products. I was very pleased with the results and am here to report to you.

First, let me start out by giving you a description of my hair type. This product will more than likely work differently for everyone since we don't all have the same type of hair...fine, thick, coarse, wavy, curly, etc. My hair is very fine, but I have alot of it. It's medium to fine in thickness and naturally straight. I have oily roots and dry ends.

Now that part is out of the way - on to the review!

Here's what I did:
Ojon says to apply this product to dry hair. So I did and I left it on about 30 minutes or so while I was cleaning my house. I only apply products such as this (treatments, hair masks, etc) to the pony tail portion of my hair and never to my roots. I proceeded to get in the shower and I let the warm water rinse it for probably about 5 minutes before shampooing/conditioning. I only shampooed once however those of you with hair thicker than mine may need to shampoo twice. It rinsed clean - texture and scent were both gone. I then styled my hair as usual and was left with very soft straight ends that were frizz free.

Hmm so what about the scent?
Personally I loved the smell of this treatment. It's got this chocolate, caramel, coffee, smokey thing going on that to me smelled amazing. Those of you who either have allergies or are very sensitive to smell should probably skip out on this stuff. It's pretty strong, but I could only smell it while it was in my hair. Once I got in the shower and shampooed/conditioned it totally vanished.

Info from
Ojon.com:

This contains our highest concentration of pure Ojon® oil. A unique, highly-concentrated hair and scalp treatment made with exclusive Ojon® oil — the same rare oil used by the Tawira Indians known as “the people of beautiful hair™” of Central America for over 500 years. Supported by clinical studies, Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment hydrates dry, damaged hair and strengthens and restores a healthy look and feel to hair. Leaves hair extraordinarily soft, silky, and manageable. Even healthy-looking hair shows a noticeable improvement.

Ideal for all hair types that are dry or damaged.

Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment hydrates dry, damaged hair and strengthens and restores a healthy look and feel to hair. Just one 20-minute Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment application will increase the strength of hair.

Clinical tests show:
• a 52% improvement in the condition of very dry, hair after just one use*
• a 64% improvement when left on hair overnight*
* in a clinical dry combing study, condition was improved after using Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment and Ojon® Ultra Hydrating Shampoo following usage instructions.

Ritual:

* As a deep conditioning treatment
* For added conditioning and shine


PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS


NOTE: Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment is not recommended 5 days prior to or following a color or chemical service.
Porous and/or white hair can be susceptible to temporary discoloration. When in doubt, a strand test is recommended prior to use.

Storage and Handling Tips: To ensure the natural purity and potency of Ojon®, no artificial binding agents are used. Store Ojon® upright at room temperature. The product may liquify at temperatures higher than 86° F or 30° C.

If exposed to heat, return product to room temperature by chilling through refrigeration for approximately 60 minutes.

When opening Ojon® Restorative Hair Treatment, remove the clear protective seal carefully to avoid spillage. To reseal, bend and "burp" the brown disc to remove air from the jar.

Note: Storing the product in refrigeration will not harm or effect the quality in any way.

I really enjoyed using my sample of Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment. Honestly I probably would buy a jar of it (the small jar because y'all know I'm thrifty) but at the same time I do get somewhat similar results using coconut butter or olive oil. That being said I cannot get over how ridiculously soft this stuff made my hair. WOW! And it didn't weigh it down or make it greasy.

One of the best places I've found online to purchase this is Amazon.com and it is available in 2 different sizes.

So have you tried Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment? I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...