Sunday, September 18, 2011

Makeup Room Tour and New Vanity Setup!


For the longest time I have been putting on my makeup in my actual bathroom. I know, normal right? Well the other day I decided that I really missed having a vanity and a makeup room of sorts, so here are my results after doing a small bit of shopping and rearranging. In one of our spare bedrooms we have a small loveseat and a desk. It's a glorified office really, but it's a pretty room. I have kept my nail polish collection in there for some time. I thought that the desk would make a perfect vanity. I already have one of those light up makeup mirrors (which sadly wasn't getting any love and was underneath my master bathroom sink in the cabinet).


So I decided I needed to buy just a few small items in order to create my makeup room and vanity area. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought the small acrylic jars you see my brushes in. They are 50% off this week and I got the two large ones and the small one (that contains Qtips) all for $4!

I also got the zebra print letter holder that I have my eye shadow palettes in for under $6. I had a 40% off coupon which was nice since it was normally $8.99.


I then went to Michaels and bought some Poly Pellets which are made by Polyfil. They were back on the craft aisle with the items that are used to make dolls and stuffed animals. They were $7 for 2lbs and I used all 2lbs.

So there you have it! My new complete makeup room and vanity area. I even added my cute little VS Pink dogs to my vanity =) I love them!

And here is a video with more on making the Sephora inspired makeup brush holders =)

Click each store to get 40% off coupons for Michaels and Hobby Lobby. You will have to sign up (enter your email address) to get the Michaels coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...