Friday, September 16, 2011

DIY - Homemade Sugar Scrub


I've always loved making things myself and that includes beauty products. Over the years I've made my own face masks, scrubs, nail polishes etc. It's so easy and it's also a nice gift to give your friends.

So here's what you need:
Some sugar - I like to use either brown sugar or regular
Oil/s of your choice - I like using Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
Vanilla - to make your scrub smell amazing

Mix them together to the consistancy you like and place in a sealable container (like Tupperware or Gladware) or a cute decorative glass jar. The more oil you put the thinner the mixture and less oil makes for a gritty scrub. This is personal preference. There is no right or wrong way.

I like to keep my scrub by the sink and use it every few days on just my hands. Especially in the winter when your hands tend to be dry.

The possibilities are endless when you make scrubs. I've made them so many different ways - coffee grounds and oil, sugar and oil, and salt and oil. It depends on your mood and your taste as far as scents go. You can add vanilla, peppermint and other scents to make the scrub more intoxicating.

For more homemade scrub ideas check this site out!

NOTE: Since there is a lot of oil (and no chemicals) in scrubs such as these, use care when using them in a shower/tub since they tend to make surfaces slick after use.

Do you make homemade scrubs? I would love to hear your recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...