Saturday, September 17, 2011

I ♥ MAC - Back to MAC Recycling Program


I have been a loyal MAC cosmetics customer for over 10 years and I absolutely LOVE this company. Many of you are probably aware of the Back To MAC (B2M) recycling program, however I thought I would post about it for the ones of you who don't know about it or are just getting into MAC products.

This is an excellent video that pretty much sums up the program:

I went last night to my local MAC counter at Macy's and got my free lipstick by bringing in 6 empty MAC containers. I brought in 3 Lipglass tubes, 2 Lipstick tubes and a depotted eyeshadow container. I got High Tea Lipstick (Beiged pink with pearl (Lustre) for my B2M trade and I LOVE it! MAC lipsticks retail for $14.50 so this is a great way to get one for free!

For more on how to safely depot your MAC products check out this video:


I keep a small ziploc bag in my bathroom and once I have used up a MAC product I just simply stash it in the bag. Once I have accumulated 6 empties, I take them to MAC and get a free lipstick of my choice (excluding Viva Glam lipsticks). I takes me quite awhile to have 6 empty containers to take in (sometimes up to a year and a half) but it's worth saving them to get a free lipstick =)

If you are lucky enough to have a MAC Pro store where you live, you may also get a Lipglass or Eye Shadow.

Here is some info about B2M from maccosmetics.com:
Because we share your commitment to the environment, M·A·C accepts returns of its primary packaging through the Back to M·A·C Program. By returning six [6] M·A·C primary packaging containers to a M·A·C counter or M·A·C Cosmetics Online, you receive a free M·A·C Lipstick of your choice as our thanks to you. Since 100% of the retail selling price of Viva Glam Lipsticks is provided to organizations that help people living with HIV/AIDS, these colours are excluded from this program.

Print a Back to M·A·C Form

Back to M·A·C
c/o USA Fulfillment
313 Talbot Blvd.
Chestertown, MD 21620

Most primary packaging of M·A·C products is accepted as Back to M·A·C "currency." M·A·C does not accept the following as a part of the program:

1. Secondary packaging of any sort [paper box, plastic/cellophane wrapper, shopping bags, etc.]

2. Samples [sample containers, special/trial size products for promotional/seasonal kits]

3.Cosmetic applicators/tools [disposables, puffs, sponges, scissors, spatulas, swabs, sharpeners, tweezers, curlers]

4. Accessories [bags, belts, makeup cases, lashes, Blot Film].

In addition to our "Back to M·A·C Program," M·A·C uses minimal packaging and recycled paper to paperboard packaging in our offices, manufacturing and distribution facilities. Vegetable-based inks are used for printing whenever possible. At M·A·C we share your concerns about the environment and we are continually looking for ways to address those concerns while providing our customers with complete product satisfaction and safety.

I hope this explains B2M for you and I hope you are able to get a free lipstick soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...