Sunday, September 18, 2011

At Home Waxing


Have you ever been curious about at home waxing or have you ever actually tried it yourself? Well I was just really sick of shaving and wanted to give it a go. I picked up the wax kit show above (Nair Naturally Smooth Peach Melon Hair Removal Wax) at Walmart and I believe it was just under $10. That may sound pricey, but the price you will pay for a bikini or brazilian wax at a salon or spa is anywhere from 4-6 times that amount.

Before I say anything else, let me start of by telling you that waxing (esp. DIY waxing) is not something you should perform on your own unless you are like me and have a very high pain tolerance. It honestly is not that painful for me, but for others it would be torture - OOOHHHH KELLY CLARKSON!!!

I have really liked the Nair Wax Kit that I purchased. The wax smells nice - it has this peach melon thing going on. The wax is easy to use and it washes off clean very easily. This particular wax is warm wax that you heat in the microwave and since it is sugar based wax cleanup and removal is a breeze. The kit comes with tons of strips that you can cut to the shape and size you need. They are reuseable since you can wash them and use them again.

Being a first time DIY Brazilian waxer, I wasn't sure what to expect. But it wasn't bad at all. And it was super easy. Waxing is definitely an art and you have to develop your own technique. You get better at it over time, just like anything else. I'm not going to go into the art of waxing, but just wanted to mention this kit for those of you who ever wanted to give it a go yourself. I have almost finished the jar of wax that came with this kit, so I have had a good amount of time to practice.

With all this being said, I will never go back to shaving. Waxing is so awesome and I love that I never have stubble anymore and I don't have hair growing back the next day. If you think you have the guts to try it I say go for it. It is so worth it for so many reasons.

For more info on this wax kit check out Naircare.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...