Monday, August 29, 2011

Review - Coty Airspun Loose Powder


I have tried so many different powders over the years - both high end and drugstore brands. I wanted to share with you today the powder that I have been using over the past few years and love. It's a timeless classic that has been around longer than most of us reading this blog.

I was first attracted to Coty Airspun after reading glowing reviews online. When I originally purchased it several years ago, they had a fragrance free version that was fantastic, but has since been discontinued. From there, I switched over to their regular Translucent formula and love it just the same. I have sensitive combo skin and wasn't sure how it would work for me, but it wasn't different at all and had zero effect on my skin.

I think hands down the main factor that makes this powder so fantastic is the fact that it is the finest milled powder I have ever used. Why does this matter? Well it makes it almost disappear on your skin like nothing else. It is so incredibly soft and smooth. Honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the fragrance, but to me it is not so overpowering that I can't overlook it and it goes away once you apply. I know most of you are probably thinking - "Isn't this the stuff my grandma uses?" Sure maybe so! It has been around for generations, but that just means it is tried and true and has standed the test of time.

So if you are in the market for a new powder I suggest you try this. For me the Translucent is best because some of the other colors are kinda tricky shadewise. I just use a little bronzer over the powder and I am good to go. This powder can be purchased at drugstores and large retailers.

Coty Airspun Loose Powder comes in a retro printed round cardboard like box that looks cute sitting out on a sink or vanity. Upon opening the lid you will see a clear film holding the powder in place. Here's a little trick I learned - Don't rip the film off! Use a straight pin and prick holes in the middle or just transfer the powder to a sifting jar. I use Essence of Beauty's giant kabuki to apply this powder. This brush can be purchased at CVS for $9.99 but any large powder or kabuki brush will do.

Have you used Coty Airspun before? What do you think? Love it or hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...