Monday, August 29, 2011

OPI Absolutely Alice VS China Glaze Dorothy Who






Okay so here it is - the ultimate comparison between OPI Absolutely Alice and China Glaze Dorothy Who - two gorgeous shades of super sparkly blue. From shade differences to application, I will cover it all. Are you ready? Here we go!

First of all the main difference between these is that Absolutely Alice clearly has gold glitter added to its mixture. It is obvious in the bottle and obvious on the nail. I think that the gold was a nice touch on OPI's part and sets the polish apart from your standard blue glitter.

As far as shade comparison goes on these two, there isn't much to say here. The blues are so extremely similar. AA is perhaps just a tiny bit warmer due to the gold and DW a tad cooler because of the silver. Both polishes have large blue glitter. But that is where the extreme similarities end.

Lets talk finish and application. AA is thick as all get out. So thick that application was quite tricky. I have used this polish 2 times now both in it's original state and once with polish thinner added to it. Shockingly enough the thinner made zero difference. I always use Seche Vite Fast Drying Topcoat and even with it, AA still felt slightly gritty as most glitters do. This polish is amazingly gorgeous. But I will warn you it takes a little patience application wise.

However, DW had absolutely the most smooth application. I believe it is due to the jelly like finish and AA lacks that since it is more gritty and thick. I had zero problems with application. It felt smoother to the touch with SV topcoat over it too.

What about wear? Hands down DW is the winner. It lasted days on me with no chips and minimal tipwear. AA however, likes to chip on me. It wasn't ridiculously bad, but enough that I thought it was relevant to mention. I believe that is again due to the fact that AA is thick and was hard to achieve thin, even coats. I used both Orly Bonder basecoat and Seche Vite Fast Drying Topcoat with both AA and DW.

Even though these polishes appear similar, they are very very different indeed. I love them both and I find them unique enough to warrant owning both of them. I do feel that because of application I will find myself reaching for DW more often.

What are you thoughts? Have your tried either of these polishes?

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...