Friday, April 22, 2011

Tried and Tested: Mens Ultimate Seamless Rib Shapewear by Figleaves

Guest post by Ryan.

£25
When my better half suggested I review this vest, my blank faced response said it all. Then the paranoia set in and every reflective surface became my enemy. Am I a heavy set guy? Hardly. But I have been cursed with love handles that nobody loves, least of all me. The opportunity to banish these t-shirt teasers from view without the use of a kebab knife was too great a draw, so I slipped on the medium fit shapewear vest and hoped for the best.

Let me say straight off the bat that whatever size you think you are you may need a friend on standby to help you get the thing on. It is tight! Which I guess is the whole point. It looks like a very thick, very, very small vest or muscle T-shirt.

The label boasts sculpting technology to enhance the torso and trim the waist as well as compression fit to bolster muscle support and improve posture. After walking around the house I was wasn’t so sure. It is tight! It felt like my breathing was restricted somewhat. Once I got used to it, the vest began to feel better but didn’t look great. Not something I would wear in the gym unless my muffin mates had been banished but this would defeat the purpose, surely.



‘You’re supposed to wear it under clothes. It’s supposed to be slimming’ I was told by the Mrs. This is where the vest came into it own. I tried on a slim fit work shirt. It’s amazing that something so thick is so invisible under clothes. I tired on a polo shirt, a t-shirt, a jumper. Not a love handle in sight.

The vest has a covert next-to-skin fit for near invisibility. The reality is the thing is tight (did I mention that?). It gives enough support to suck in your overhang allowing your clothes to simply glide around it. Genius.

Would I buy one? Most certainly. But for emergencies only. It would make a great thermal vest in the cooler months, a great sweat catcher in the hotter weeks(!) and one to reach for after celebratory overindulgence. I hasten to add that it is most definitely not a miracle worker. But then it isn’t trying to be.

Let’s say that in those moments when you need to look respectable it’s a darn sight better than holding your breath for what seems like eternity until she walks by!

The shapewear comes in black, white or nude and is available in both vest and t-shirt styles.

Available at www.figleaves.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...