Friday, April 29, 2011

How To Make Extra Cash

I think probably everyone makes lists from time to time of things they want to purchase. Maybe that list is on paper or perhaps it's in your head. I know that I do this and I want to share some of my tips with you for how to make extra money to buy things you want.

Many of you know that I love Ebay for both buying and selling. It's an excellent resource, but it can sometimes be confusing if you don't know what you are doing. Below I will share with you just how I use Ebay and Paypal in order to maximize the cash I receive.

I love to keep my house and my things organized and I find it very essential to go through my closets mutiple times each year and get rid of things. I don't like for things to accumulate or pile up and I don't enjoy having too much of something or for things to be cluttered. So I go through and give a lot of things to Goodwill. Occasionally an item/s will stand out to me that I know I can actually sell to make money. And here is where Ebay comes into the picture.

For me personally, I find that only name brand items are usually worth selling. Items such as shoes, purses, jackets, etc. are all good examples. As long as the item is either brand new or in gently used condition you are good to go.

My Tips For Listing Items On Ebay:
1. Timing is everything - I always list my auctions on either a Wednesday or Thursday. If you choose to do a 3 day auction this will make your auction end on either a Saturday or Sunday. Customers typically remember to check their Ebay auctions and watch lists during the weekend, but may forget during the week.
2. 3 Day Only - From personal experience I find it pointless to use the 1 day and the extended day auction features. I have the best experience using the 3 day auction format.
3. Buy It Now - This type of listing is only beneficial if you are selling something very expensive for way under cost.
4. Be Clear - Make it extremely obvious to your customer what you are selling and all of the details. Remember more is better when describing an item on Ebay. People want as much info as possible about the item, shipping details, etc.
5. Good Communication - Make sure you are constantly checking Ebay and your email if you have an auction/s listed. Customers may ask you questions and it's also good to see how many bidders/watchers you have.
6. Be Honest - Describe the item you are selling in every way possible. People want to know the details. I always find it important to list if the item does or doesn't come from a smoke and pet free home. Many people have allergies to both.
7. Be Punctual - If the customer has done their part and paid in a quick or timely manner do your part and get their package shipped to them just as quick. You will be sure to be a great seller in no time!
8. Feedback - It's very important to give as well as receive feedback. This lets others know that you are a good seller and it also let's you know if you want to purchase an item from a seller if you are the one shopping.
9. Paypal - I personally only take Paypal as payment when selling on Ebay. To me it's the most easy way to get things done and it's the safest too.
10. Hunt For Similar Items - Take a look around on Ebay and see who is selling the exact same item you are selling. See how many bids the item has and what the price is. You can use this as a guide to setting up your auction if you aren't sure what price point would be appropriate or you just don't know where to start.
11. Other Things - Here are a few more details that I add to all my auctions in order to be a successful seller on Ebay: I do not accept returns, all items are sold as is, I take Paypal only, I ship USPS Priority Mail only, I require payment to be made no later than 2 days after auction close, I only ship to US bidders (this will vary depending on where you live obviously), I always leave feedback, I stay in constant communication with my bidders/buyers, I make sure to ship items that are clean and packed neatly and I always think of the customers expectations.

Okay so now lets talk about Paypal. Having an Ebay account goes hand in hand with having a Paypal account. It's really convenient too because once a customer has paid you, you have the option to just shop online using your available Paypal funds OR you can have the money transferred in your bank account which takes a couple of days. Paypal will even mail you a check if you would prefer.

Lots of websites take Paypal now which is really nice. Some examples are Etsy, Ulta, Ebay, and the list goes on. CLICK HERE for a full guide to websites that take Paypal.
I have recently purchased items on thecurrentcustom.com and iviscents.com and both of these sites take Paypal.

I will not provide a full tutorial today on how to use Ebay or Paypal. They are both very easy to use and both have online features to fully guide you through your experience.

So the next time you want some extra cash, consider selling some of your things on Ebay. It's a lot of fun and you will be surprised what others will pay for your stuff. Good luck!

CLICK HERE to start selling or shopping on Ebay
now!


CLICK HERE to sign up for a Paypal Account.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...